Lime Chicken Burritos of Deliciousness and Love
Sunday, February 5, 2012
(named by Joel)
These tacos are so yummy! Joel asks for it days in a row, even. I made it up as I went, so the measurements aren't exact. I did make it with you all in mind, though, so I tried hard to pay attention to how much of everything I added :)
Makes about 5 servings
4 chicken tenders
1 packet TrueLime (equal to the juice of about one lime wedge)
1/2 T chili powder
3-4 soup spoons full of canned corn
3 soup spoons full of black beans
3/4 cup chunky salsa
tortillas, warmed on the stove fire
Sour cream, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and shredded lettuce, optional
Extra lime wedges, optional
Boil chicken tenders in water until cooked. Drain all but 1-2 T of the boiling water. Shred chicken. Add chili powder, TrueLime or lime juice, beans, corn, and salsa. Boil until some of the moisture evaporates so it's not too liquidy in the tortilla. Warm tortillas on the stove fire. Put cheese on a tortilla and top with chicken mixture and sour cream/lettuce/tomatoes/your favorite toppings. Yum!
0 comments:
Post a Comment